LIGO Document E1400131-v1
- L1 SUS ETMY Acceptance Document.
Calum Torrie signed March 26th 2014 following review by committee. Punch-list items listed below. All closed and accounted for else punch-list.
Punch list items -
i) Need "excel spreadsheet" with input data from build and or other information from fiber, ears, optics etc ...
ii) No electronic rack data presented in a traditional sense. However, if one goes to S1202953 (as below) the content of the rack are the related document. Included for completeness and to spell out technique used. Included in punch-list to confirm this is good.
iii) Attach link to alog for violin mode measurements. DONE S.Aston - 04/07/2014.
Punchlist items and their resolution will be tracked in T1400181. They will not be updated on this Acceptance Document filecard.
- I. Committee (* indicates review chair)
Rich Abbott, Alastair Heptonstall, Calum Torrie*, Jeff Lewis, Fabrice Matichard, Celine Ramet.
II. Documents for Review (against list from M1100282)
Top Assembly Name:
https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-D0900517 AdvLIGO SUS BSC5-L1, XYZ Local CS for ETMY
ICS Assembly #:
- ICS Assembly Load:
Refer to https://alog.ligo-la.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=4806 for total weight information.
This filecard serves as the acceptance document for L1-ETMY.
For common material for all QUAD suspensions, see
The electronics for L1 SUS ETMY can be found in the racks:
- Calibrated, M0toM0 Transfer Functions (DAMPING ON/OFF): https://alog.ligo-la.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=11256
- Calibrated, R0toR0 Transfer Functions (DAMPING ON/OFF): https://alog.ligo-la.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=11256
- Calibrated, L1toL1 and L2toL2 Transfer Functions (DAMPING ON/OFF): Lower stages are not in the scope of this acceptance review, therefore not included here.
- Calibrated OSEM Sensor ASDs, All Stages (DAMPING ON/OFF): https://alog.ligo-la.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=11256
- B&K Hammer Cage Resonance Transfer Functions: https://alog.ligo-la.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=11504
- Coil Driver Noise: https://alog.ligo-wa.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=3748
- Coil Driver Response in all states: https://alog.ligo-la.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=4495
- ESD Driver Noise: Not in the scope of this acceptance review, therefore not included here.
- Violin Mode Frequencies and Q
Measured violin modes: Not measured.
- Summary of modeled violin modes: https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-T1300876
Measured violin mode Qs are used to estimate wire losses (structural and thermo-elastic) and hence expected thermal noise at lower frequencies. Additional data will be taken and subsequent analysis is still to come, but this falls outside of the scope of the fabrication acceptance review.
- Violin mode characterization measurements after monolithic fiber welding and annealing: https://alog.ligo-la.caltech.edu/aLOG/index.php?callRep=10110
Note added 5th Sept 2014 for clarification (NAR/CIT)
Predicted violin mode frequencies and Qs for all types of suspensions are given in T1300876. These can be compared to measured values.
Measuring Qs is not a requirement for SUS acceptance.
For Installation acceptance it has been agreed that we should measure Qs once for each major suspension type.
For quads we have measured Qs on L1 ITMY, see for example
including comments. The Qs are higher than seen at LASTI but results are plausible if surface loss has improved with time under vacuum.
There is ongoing commissioning work to investigate whether the quad violin modes are being rung up in some cases.
Channel/Signal List and Calibrations
For latest measurements of OSEM Sensor's Open Light Current, See https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-E1200343
Otherwise calibrations are assumed to be as shown in QUAD Control Design Description,
https://dcc.ligo.org/LIGO-T1100378 with a roughly 20% uncertainty
DCC Version 3.3.0, contact
Document Database Administrators