LIGO Document P070045-x0
- Searches for gravitational wave bursts that are triggered by the observation of astronomical events require a different mode of analysis than all-sky, blind searches. For one, much more prior information is usually available in a triggered search which can and should be used in the analysis. Second, since the data volume is usually small in a triggered search, it is also possible to use computationally more expensive algorithms for tasks such as data pre-processing that can consume significant computing resources in a high data-volume un-triggered search. From the statistical point of view, the reduction in the parameter space search volume leads to higher sensitivity than an un-triggered search. We describe here a data analysis pipeline for triggered searches, called RIDGE, and present preliminary results for simulated noise and signals.
- Full document number: LIGO-P070045-00-Z
- Author(s): Shantanu Desai; Kazuhiro Hayama; Soumya Mohanty; Malik Rakhmanov
- Document date: 2007-04-18
- Document received date: 2007-04-18
- Document entry date: 2007-04-18
- Published in Class Quant Grav vol. 24 pg. S681-S688.
DCC Version 3.4.1, contact