LIGO Document P070074-x0
- A widely used assumption within the gravitational-wave community has so far been that a test mass acts like a rigid body for frequencies in the detection band, i.e. for frequencies far below the first internal resonance. In this paper, we demonstrate that localized forces, applied for example by a photon pressure actuator, can result in a non-negligible elastic deformation of the test masses. For a photon pressure actuator setup used in the gravitational-wave detector GEO 600, we measured that this effect modifies the standard response function by 10% at 1 kHz and about 100% at 2.5 kHz.
- Full document number: LIGO-P070074-A-Z
- Author(s): S. Hild; M Brinkman; K. Danzmann; Hartmut Grote; Martin Hewitson; Jim Hough; H. Luck; I. Martin; K Mossavi; N. Rainer; S. Reid; J.r. Smith; K.a. Strain; M. Weinert; Phil Willems; Benno Willke; W. Winkler
- Document date: 2007-10-05
- Document received date: 2007-11-06
- Document entry date: 2007-11-06
- Full document number: LIGO-P070074-00-Z
- Author(s): K. Danzmann; Hartmut Grote; Martin Hewitson; S. Hild; Jim Hough; H. Luck; I. Martin; K Mossavi; S. Reid; J.r. Smith; K.a. Strain; Benno Willke; Phil Willems; W. Winkler
- Document date: 2007-06-13
- Document received date: 2007-06-13
- Document entry date: 2007-06-13
- Published in Class Quant Grav vol. 24 pg. 5681-5688.
DCC Version 3.2.2, contact
Document Database Administrators