LIGO Document P070132-x0
- The Horizontal Access Module Seismic Attenuation System (HAM-SAS) is a mechanical device expressly designed to isolate a multipurpose optical table and fit in the tight space of the LIGO HAM Ultra-High-Vacuum chamber. Seismic attenuation in the detectors' sensitivity frequency band is achieved with state of the art passive mechanical attenuators. These devices should provide an attenuation factor of about 70dB above 10Hz at the suspension point of the Advanced LIGO triple pendulum suspension. Automatic control techniques are used to position the optical table and damp rigid body modes. Here, we report the main results obtained from the full scale prototype installed at the MIT LIGO Advanced System Test Interferometer (LASTI) facility. Seismic attenuation performance, control strategies, improvements and limitations are also discussed.
- Full document number: LIGO-P070132-00-Z
- Author(s): James Clark; I. S. Heng; Matt Pitkin; Graham Woan
- Document date: 2007-10-26
- Document received date: 2007-10-26
- Document entry date: 2007-10-26
DCC Version 3.4.0, contact