LIGO Document T1300665-v9
- The LIGO Particulate Evaluation Tool(PET), based on a similar system designed by the National Ignition Facility (NIF), has been developed to quantify contamination on mechanical surfaces. The PET has three main components:
1. A dry swipe technique and particulate collection tool, aka swipe tool,
2. Sample analysis using a stereomicroscope and ToupView software to count particle area,
3. And an Excel spreadsheet to calculate the Particle Cleanliness Level (PCL).
A special thanks to NIF staff for sharing reports via e-mail and key information on this system during visits by the authors of this LIGO report. Refer to https://e-reports-ext.llnl.gov/pdf/240108.pdf.
Excel template for obtaining Particulate Cleanliness level, PCL, is E1300641
- Formerly known as the Particle Cleanliness Validation System (PCVS)
Added a folder with individual images of a test filter. Users can test their ToupView setup by attempting to stitch these images. - KG 4/10/14
DCC Version 3.3.0, contact
Document Database Administrators