LIGO Document T1400335-v2
- A note detailing the operation and design of an ultra-fast (sub millisecond) optical shutter capable of operation in an ultra high vacuum (UHV) environment. This novel design will be deployed inside HAM6 to protect the in-vacuum photodetectors from high optical intensity transients.
The overall design consists of the following major components:
1. Electronic Shutter Driver D1400078
2. UHV compatible Linear Motor D1102130
3. UHV compatible High Power Beam Dump D1300548
- Version 2 adds data taken during the installation of the HAM6 in-vacuum implementation and mentions the method used to overcome the reduced damping associated with operation in a vacuum environment.
DCC Version 3.4.0, contact