LIGO Document G1200774-v15
- Shows how we can decouple damping noise from cavity signals by damping suspension along global ifo coordinates rather than local coordinates.
The cavity control itself can be used to apply damping along the differential cavity DOF. The common mode dynamics, invisible to the cavity, can be damped by applying the same signals to each suspension. This decoupling depends on the pendulums being nearly identical.
- G1200774-v15 (Global Damping vs Local Damping - G1200774-v15.pdf, 11.4 MB)
- Other Files:
- G1200774-v15 (Global Damping vs Local Damping - G1200774-v15.pptx, 14.8 MB)
- held on 13 Oct 2014 in VIRGO
- held from 18 Mar 2013 to 22 Mar 2013 in Hyatt Regency Hotel, Bethesda, Maryland
DCC Version 3.4.0, contact