LIGO Document P070109-x0
- We propose a detuned Fabry–Perot cavity, pumped through both the mirrors, as a toy model of the gravitational-wave (GW) detector partially free from displacement noise of the test masses. It is demonstrated that the noise of cavity mirrors can be eliminated, but the one of lasers and detectors cannot. The isolation of the GW signal from displacement noise of the mirrors is achieved in a proper linear combination of the cavity output signals. The construction of such a linear combination is possible due to the difference between the reflected and transmitted output signals of detuned cavity. We demonstrate that in low-frequency region the obtained displacement-noise-free response signal is much stronger than the View the MathML source-limited sensitivity of displacement-noise-free interferometers recently proposed by S. Kawamura and Y. Chen. However, the loss of the resonant gain in the noise cancelation procedure results is the sensitivity limitation of our toy model by displacement noise of lasers and detectors.
- Full document number: LIGO-P070109-00-Z
- Author(s): Sergey Tarabrin; S P. Vyatchanin
- Document date: 2007-09-28
- Document received date: 2007-09-28
- Document entry date: 2007-09-28
DCC Version 3.4.2, contact