LIGO Document P070130-x0
- We have demonstrated displacement- and frequency-noise-free laser interferometry (DFI) by partially implementing a recently proposed optical configuration using bi-directional Mach–Zehnder interferometers (MZIs). This partial implementation, the minimum necessary to be called DFI, has confirmed the essential feature of DFI: the combination of two MZI signals can be carried out in a way that cancels the displacement noise of the mirrors and beam splitters while maintaining gravitational-wave signals. The attained maximum displacement noise suppression was 45 dB.
- Full document number: LIGO-P070130-00-Z
- Author(s): Shuichi Sato; Keiko Kokeyama; Seiji Kawamura; Robert Ward; Atsushi Nishizawa; Yanbei Chen; Archana Pai; Kentaro Somiya
- Document date: 2007-10-24
- Document received date: 2007-10-24
- Document entry date: 2007-10-24
- Published in Class Quant Grav vol. 25 pg. 114031 (8pp).
DCC Version 3.4.2, contact