LIGO Document P070064-x0
- The radiation pressure of two laser beams detuned from resonance in an optical cavity can create a stable optical trap for a mechanical oscillation mode of a movable cavity mirror. Here it is shown that such a configuration entangles the output light fields via interaction with a mirror that is suspended as a pendulum. The degree of entanglement is quantified spectrally using the logarithmic negativity, and related to the available optical restoring force. Entanglement survives in the experimentally accessible regime of gram-scale masses subject to thermal noise at room temperature.
- Full document number: LIGO-P070064-00-Z
- Author(s): Christopher Wipf; Thomas R. Corbitt; Yanbei Chen; Nergis Mavalvala
- Document date: 2008-03-04
- Document received date: 2008-03-04
- Document entry date: 2008-03-04
DCC Version 3.4.2, contact