LIGO Document P070103-x0
- The search for gravitational waves has reached a new era as currently a network of interferometric gravitational wave detectors is in operation around the globe at its initial target sensitivity, in parallel with existing acoustic bar-type detectors, and searches are underway aimed at the first direct detection of gravitational radiation from astrophysical sources. This paper briefly summarizes the status of operating gravitational wave facilities, plans for future detector upgrades and the status of the space-based gravitational wave detector LISA. It also describes some of the most promising sources of gravitational waves for ground-based detectors like LIGO and VIRGO and LISA.
- Full document number: LIGO-P070103-00-Z
- Author(s): Jim Hough
- Document date: 2007-09-17
- Document received date: 2007-09-19
- Document entry date: 2007-09-19
DCC Version 3.4.1, contact