LIGO Document E960050-v13
07 Nov 2013, 16:16
27 Dec 2011, 12:02
11 Jul 2011, 15:06
04 Nov 2010, 13:05
07 Sep 2010, 13:49
30 Jul 2010, 14:01
13 May 2010, 21:40
12 Nov 2009, 14:21
16 Sep 2009, 18:26
14 Sep 2009, 13:49
29 Jul 2009, 11:42
20 Jul 2009, 18:09
- LIGO Vacuum Compatible Materials List
- Added Epo-Tek 353ND as an acceptable, though restricted, epoxy for use in bonding AMDs to TM barrels
In the next revision:
1)Based on Argonne's APS outgassing studies and UHV qualification of a high-density tungsten "alloy", we are now pursuing MT-18C (95% W, 3.5% Ni, 1.5% Cu; no Fe, nonmagnetic), with a density of 18 g/cc (class 3 per AMS-T-21014). We have a large sample on order for testing. The apparently required, relatively high vacuum bake of 500C is beyond our in-house capability.
2) Aluminum 3000 series is also inherently vacuum compatible and will be added explicitly.
3) In the next version "Copper (elemental and OFHC)" will change to "Copper (all elemental grades, such as OF, OFE, OFHC, and ETP)"
4) Some approved materials or assemblies listed in E1000193 may not have yet been added/listed in this document - check for the next version. For example, the New Focus Picomotor 830X-UHV
5) Lead-Zirconate-Titanate (PZT) is not currently listed in E960050 as an approved material. However a PZT actuator (Noliac NAC2124-C01, D1102070) has been approved for use in the aLIGO OMC (D1201439). A general note that PZT material is approved for LIGO UHV service will be added.
6) Note that Hysol Tra-Duct 2902 is also known as Loctite Ablestik 2902. This electrically conductive epoxy is approved for SEI ISI ADE capacitive sensors and for AMDs.
DCC Version 3.3.0, contact
Document Database Administrators